There are numerous methods for heating your home. However, determining which heating system is perfect for you and your home can sometimes be difficult.
If your current HVAC system isn’t keeping your house comfortable, or you’re seeking a more efficient heating and cooling option, a ductless mini-split heat pump could be the solution. Are you unsure if a ductless mini-split heat pump is the best option for you? Here are some reasons why you should install one for your home.
The Reasons You Should Get a Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump
- More efficient and flexible: Mini-split systems are incredibly efficient when heating individual rooms or zones inside a home. This efficiency is due to the placement of individual air-handling units within a given room or house area.
Unlike traditional heating methods, which produce heat uniformly throughout a home, these units are adjusted to heat only the occupied rooms. It can help homeowners save money on energy bills throughout the year.
- Easy installation: A ductless mini-split heat pump installation will be less challenging if your home lacks ductwork. Ductwork installation is a time-consuming and costly operation for your home. The outdoor unit in ductless systems requires a small opening to connect to the internal wall units. That makes them far easier to install than the costly process of installing ducting.
- More cost-effective and affordable: Mini-split systems are highly affordable and cost-effective. Despite being a newer technology, they are not as labor-intensive as older systems.
- Less energy loss: ductless mini-split heat pump does not suffer from the energy loss associated with ductwork in central forced air systems. A traditional system can waste up to 30% of its energy; this is not an issue with a ductless mini-split heat pump.
- Environmentally friendly: Ductless systems also employ a non-hazardous refrigerant. Unlike other refrigerants, it does not deplete the ozone layer and is, therefore, considerably better for the environment.
- Easy to maintain: Mini-split systems only need to be serviced once or twice a year. Cleaning the filter will assist the system in functioning smoothly and is usually the sole maintenance task that is regularly necessary. Cleaning the filter is usually a simple and quick task. As long as you remember to clean the filter, you shouldn’t have severe maintenance difficulties.
With all of the benefits that ductless mini-split systems provide, there are good reasons to consider upgrading. However, a ductless mini-split may not always be the best solution for every home, so talk to a professional before making final decisions regarding your home’s heating or cooling.
Countryside Heating and Cooling Solutions‘ experts will be pleased to assist you with ductless installation or ductless heater repair in Maple Plain, MN. We’ll work with you to establish your heating and cooling needs and can assist you in determining whether installing a ductless mini-split system is the best solution for you. Call us ttoday at (763) 299-9996 for more information about our ductless heater service in Maple Plain, MN.