- When you are home and awake, set your thermostat as low as is comfortable. Turn it down at night or when you’re not home.
- Make sure supply and return vents, radiators and baseboard heating units are not obstructed by furniture, appliances or other objects.
- Have your heating system maintained and serviced by Countryside Heating and Cooling Solutions according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check heating ducts for air leaks from joints and holes.
- Insulate your hot water tanks with an insulating jacket according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces and air conditioners once a month or as recommended.
- Eliminate trapped air from hot-water radiators once or twice a season; if unsure about how to perform this task, contact a professional.
- Check batteries on carbon monoxide detector