Since your furnace works all year long, your unit requires maintenance and care. If you have not realized the importance of regular maintenance until now, expect problems down the road
Fix your furnace with a heater tune-up in Maple Plain, MN, without attempting a DIY solution. Sign up for our customized service plans and replacement deals if the problem persists.
Signs that tell you to need professional heating replacement.
To ensure that your heating system is working efficiently and without internal issues, keep your eyes on the given signs and contact an expert to make the right decision.
- Age of your heating system: With old age, the efficiency of your furnace decreases, and its features get outdated. Thus, if your heating system is slowing down or losing its efficiency and giving you untimely breakdowns, consider it the right time to upgrade. Take advantage of the new systems with better features.
- Unusual sparks in the furnace: Take all your furnace issues to a professional and ask how to fix the combustion issue. If your heating system is increasing your utility bill daily and you smell like wires burning, it could be the broken combustion setup. Due to gaseous leaks, there can be higher carbon monoxide and more malfunctions, so deal with the problem immediately and hire a licensed technician.
- The smell of leaking gas: Leaking gas can be a big problem when ignored. If you hear hissing sounds and a foul smell coming from your furnace, leave the place immediately and call out for expert help. Slight damage to the gas pipeline could fail the heating system, which leaves the only solution- to replace the furnace.
- Frequent repairs: If repairs aren’t working and the number of issues increases, you should consider heating replacement to save money in the long term. Keep in mind that the new system will be a one-time investment only, and it will save you money on unnecessary repairs.
- The high energy bill, poor efficiency: For the rising electricity bill, replacing the old heating unit with a highly energy-efficient new system is a reliable option. Contact your HVAC contractor to schedule the regular tune-up and save your furnace.
- Strange sounds from the furnace: Producing various sounds is your system’s way of warning you about the small malfunctions happening inside it. Squeaking, banging, bubbling, hissing, rumbling, and rattling point toward the danger signs, such as leaking carbon monoxide.
- Issues with the flame: If you have a furnace, checking its gas leakage and burner is a good habit. The blue flame is the safest of all, while the others colors advocate lesser efficiency of your furnace. For flames, mind that your heating system is leaking carbon monoxide and shut it off.